Health and Safety policy
Good health and safety management and successful business are complementary. The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 imposes a statutory duty on employers to ensure in so far as is reasonably practicable the health and safety of their employees whilst at work. This duty also extends to others who may be affected by that work. Ayrshire Tree Surgeons recognises its responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act to ensure, so far as it is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of its employees.
Ayrshire Tree surgeons attaches the greatest importance to health and safety at work and have put in place the following management systems and procedures to reflect this.
Ayrshire Tree Surgeons will take all reasonably practicable precautions for the prevention of accidents and dangerous occurrences. Ayrshire Tree Surgeons will do their best to create working conditions that safeguard employees. Ayrshire Tree Surgeons will allocate the necessary resources and enlist the active support of all employees in order to achieve this. Employees also have a statutory duty to take care of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Ayrshire Tree Surgeons regards the standards set by the various relevant statutory provisions as the minimum standard which must be achieved and will endeavour to improve upon these standards where reasonably practicable.
This policy and the organisation, arrangements and safety procedures will be reviewed regularly, modified and updated as necessary.
The objectives of our Health & Safety Policy are:
1. To promote acceptable standards of health, safety and welfare within Ayrshire Tree Surgeons and to ensure compliance with all relevant statutory legislation.
2. To create and maintain safe and healthy places of work or all employees and to ensure that the safety and health of persons other than our employees are not adversely affected by our work activity.
3. To ensure that staff at all levels are provided with adequate instruction, training and supervision.
4. To develop safety awareness and responsible attitudes at all levels.
5. To promote a joint consultation approach on health and safety matters.
6. To provide a framework within which our safety performance may be monitored.
This Health and Safety Policy will be reviewed at least annually, amended and updated as and when necessary. Communication of any such changes will be made to all employees.
There are established and maintained effective procedures for consultation and communication between all levels of management and employees on all issues relating to health, safety and welfare.
Detailed reference information for employees can be found in the Employee Health and Safety Rule Book and the Supervisor’s Health and Safety Rule Book. Each employee will receive a company employee rule book containing company health and safety rules on induction to Ayrshire Tree Surgeons.
Advice and guidance is available from Management and Supervisors and the manual can also be reviewed within the Ayrshire Tree Surgeons office, where employees can access detailed Health and Safety procedures.
Full Risk Assessments and Method Statements are produced before any works take place. Samples along with our full Health & Safety policy can be provided on request.